Model United Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model United Nations

Pan American School of Bahia- Salvador

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iran's nuclear energy program

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Afghanistan_MariaGabriela

Iran's nuclear energy program Empty
PostSubject: Iran's nuclear energy program   Iran's nuclear energy program Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 11:38 am

Security Council resolutions 1696 and 1737 were unanimously adopted back in 2006. Afghanistan supports Iran's peaceful energy program, and is interested on what China and Russia now have to say (since both countries voted in favor of the sanctions though it seems like they have had a set-back from their decision). Moreover, the delegate is also completely confused as to where the Chinese and Russian delegation stands since just recently the two countries have voted, once again, IN FAVOR of resolution 1835 that reaffirmed the previous sanctions though it doesn't contain any new ones.

Please delegates, clarify your country's position... will you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iran's nuclear energy program   Iran's nuclear energy program Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 4:15 pm

China and Russia, I'm still waiting for your responses... or at least I'm hoping you do each have one!
Back to top Go down
USA_Ana

USA_Ana

PostSubject: Re: Iran's nuclear energy program   Iran's nuclear energy program Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 5:08 pm

apparently afghanistan will keep waiting.
Back to top Go down
Iran_Vinny

Iran_Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Iran's nuclear energy program   Iran's nuclear energy program Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 6:03 pm

Dearest Delegate of the USA,

Certain actions of your government indicate that you have a tendency to follow some rather Machiavellic principles. On behalf of a alleged war on terror you have been rampantly overthrowing political regimes and encroaching on the sovereignty of nations. Even worse, you have forgotten that to be non-american and muslim doesn't mean your life can be trodden upon. Afghanistan and Iraq have been partners with the USA in their respective conflicts. In return, America has given them death, and suffering, not respecting the rights of their populations. I wonder who did the same things. Wasn't it Hitler? Wasn't it Mussolini? Maybe i'm mistaken, but think upon it.

Iran shall remain in good faith, and pursue its nuclear program as a path to economic growth. If the West refuses to see one single Islamic nation thrive, then let it be known and we'll settle matters in clear and pragmatic manner.

Delegate of Afghanistan, Iran stands with your country - with your people - to death. We thank you for your support! Let the negotiations begin on Wednesday!
Back to top Go down
USA_Pedro

USA_Pedro

PostSubject: Re: Iran's nuclear energy program   Iran's nuclear energy program Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 6:34 pm

Quote :
Afghanistan and Iraq have been partners with the USA in their respective conflicts. In return, America has given them death, and suffering, not respecting the rights of their populations.

Quote :
Maybe i'm mistaken, but think upon it.

The United States has made a long-term commitment to help Afghanistan rebuild itself after years of war. The U.S., along with others in the international community, currently provides resources and expertise to Afghanistan in a variety of areas, including humanitarian relief and assistance, capacity-building, security needs, counter-narcotic programs, and infrastructure projects. The U.S. also supports the Afghan Government in its efforts to establish a framework for a vibrant civil society, one that emphasizes democratic principles through a rule of law and creates accountable and transparent forms of government.
Back to top Go down
USA_Pedro

USA_Pedro

PostSubject: Re: Iran's nuclear energy program   Iran's nuclear energy program Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 6:36 pm

In relation to Iraq...

The rebuilding of Iraq is the largest reconstruction effort undertaken by the U.S. government since the Marshall Plan. Since 2003, USAID has been key to this effort, working in Iraq to encourage economic growth; support democracy and build the capacity of national and local government; bring agricultural products to market; and provide humanitarian assistance to displaced and vulnerable populations. USAID also has helped to rehabilitate Iraq’s critical infrastructure and health and education systems. Many of its activities are implemented by USAID partners working together with provincial reconstruction teams (PRTs) throughout the country.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iran's nuclear energy program   Iran's nuclear energy program Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 7:04 pm

Though Afghanistan does appreciate the continuous efforts of the Northern Alliance and the US-led coalition forces, there must be a more discerning strategy -- the Afghan government will not stand quiet while our people are being killed as a result of American raids in villages and aerial bombardments. The delegate of Afghanistan agrees with the Iranian delegate in that peace agreements, even with the apse of extremism like the Taliban, must be on the international community's agenda.

We must address the sources of this disease that is terrorism, or else, we will always find ourselves in constant battles with the symptoms of such.
What about the madrasahs Islamic schools is Pakistan -- that preach more of western hatred and intolerance than that of Maome's preachings? Afghanistan feels that dealing with this will mean taking a step further in dealing with the root of the problem.

War is not the definite solution, mostly because it doesn't leave space to diplomacy.
Back to top Go down
USA_Pedro

USA_Pedro

PostSubject: Re: Iran's nuclear energy program   Iran's nuclear energy program Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:54 am

Quote :
We must address the sources of this disease that is terrorism, or else, we will always find ourselves in constant battles with the symptoms of such.

Delegate of Afghanistan,
the delegation of the United States agrees with your statement, and thats why it is supportive to the resolution of Afghanistan (which I believe is the one being presented in caucus) that proposes efforts to ensure security on the Pakistani Afghan borders.

These include:

Quote :
- Sending additional international forces,
- Building larger national security forces in Afghanistan,
- Training and equipping Pakistan's security forces
- Advancing reconstruction,
- Development,
- Good governance,
- Counternarcotics efforts
- Building effective police
- Justice systems
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iran's nuclear energy program   Iran's nuclear energy program Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 8:10 am

Actually fellow American delegate, that's not the resolution that will be presented by my partner Chiara, who will be in the Asian caucus and, just as well, that's not the Afghan resolution that I will introduce to the security council. Her resolution deals with the illegal opium production dilemma and mine deals with the War on Terror -- though I don't mention anything about strenghtening security on the border line. Just to clarify!

Nevertheless, I find it rather interesting that the Chinese and the Russian delegation couldn't have a say on my question. It's a shame, though I sure hope (for the sake of the debate) that you both can manage to find some kind of answer by wednesday!
Back to top Go down
Afghanistan_Chiara

Afghanistan_Chiara

PostSubject: Re: Iran's nuclear energy program   Iran's nuclear energy program Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:05 am

Fellow delegates,
just to clarify Afghanistan's previous post, for those who might be wondering that Afghanistan's situation has no solution, the measures proposed above will be indeed able to solve the safety crisis, not only in Afghanistan but also in Pakistan. The topic of ensuring security in Pakistani and Afghan borders is not being directly addressed my neither Afghanistan nor Pakistan. However, it is worthwhile mentioning that if Pakistan's and Afghanistan's resolutions pass (regarding the war on terrorism and the war on drugs) the security in the border of these two nations will be consequently safer. إله يبارك أنت
Back to top Go down
USA_Pedro

USA_Pedro

PostSubject: Re: Iran's nuclear energy program   Iran's nuclear energy program Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:34 am

Im sorry delegate but the Afghan delegate stated in a discussion on the Asian caucus forumn that these measures needed to be taken, and I believed they were about her resolution...
but anyway, the american delegation is willing to present certain proposals to ameliorate the situation of drugs in Afghanistan.
Back to top Go down
Afghanistan_Chiara

Afghanistan_Chiara

PostSubject: Re: Iran's nuclear energy program   Iran's nuclear energy program Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:53 am

Yes fellow delegate of USA!!!!
The Afghanistan post was a response to the article discussed by Ms. Garrett. Regardless not being proposed in this year's MUN, this measures should indeed be taken someday. But getting back to the actual proposals being discussed, the delegate of Afghanistan is pleased to have the USA supporting both the war on drugs and the war on terrorism. Furthermore, Afghanistan is extremely thankful to the USA for helping the nation regaining stability. In addition to that, the delegate also thanks the USA for the several counter narcotic efforts taken in the region. إله يبارك أنت
Back to top Go down
USA_Pedro

USA_Pedro

PostSubject: Re: Iran's nuclear energy program   Iran's nuclear energy program Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:03 am

Thank you delegate for the clarification,
however it is important to notice that measures to secure the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan have to be considered in order to effectively fight terrorism and drugs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iran's nuclear energy program   Iran's nuclear energy program Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iran's nuclear energy program
Page 1 of 1