Model United Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model United Nations

Pan American School of Bahia- Salvador

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome

Go down 
+13
Colombia Bruno
Alice Americas C.Leader
Colombia_Cédric
Americas- Jessica Matos
Japan_AndreaK
Venezuela_Amanda
Venezuela_Andrea
Cuba_Inez
Argentina_LeoM
argentina_lucia
bolivia_leticia
Cuba_Karlotta
Cuba_LeoRocha
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cuba_LeoRocha

Cuba_LeoRocha

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Welcome   Welcome Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:58 pm

Hey there...
I'm Leo Rocha, and I'm a Cuban delegate, with Karlotta and Inez...
Our topic is the lifting of the US embargo on Cuba...
Just introducing myself! Welcome to all delegates! Smile
Bye,

Leo Rocha
Back to top Go down
Cuba_Karlotta

Cuba_Karlotta

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:14 pm

Hey!
I am Karlotta and I represent part of the delegation of Cuba!
Our resolution is about lifting the embargo!
Back to top Go down
bolivia_leticia

bolivia_leticia

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:03 pm

Hi, i'm Leti and i am representing bolivia with Taty.
Our resolution is about the Nationalization in Bolivia.
Back to top Go down
argentina_lucia

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 4:58 am

In this year's MUN I will be representing Argentina together with Leonardo Mathias and our resolution is about the spread of HIV/AIDS in the Americas.

wish all delegates good luck!
Back to top Go down
Argentina_LeoM

Argentina_LeoM

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 5:00 am

Hey, as my delegate "upstairs" already stated, i'm Leonardo Mathias and i'm representing Argentina....Our topic, which is the spreading and diminishing of the HIV virus, affects all of the countries in the Americas....and it's also a problem affecting all of the countries of the world.....Hopefully y'all vote in favor of us!!

PEACE!
Back to top Go down
Cuba_Inez

Cuba_Inez

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 6:59 am

Hello,

I´m Inez Schoenmakers, and I´m the delegate from Cuba, together with Karlotta and Leo.
Our topic is the
lifting the embargo. From US and Cuba.

Inez
Back to top Go down
Venezuela_Andrea

Venezuela_Andrea

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Hi,   Welcome Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:02 am

|´m Andrea Morales, a delegate from Venezuela.
Amanda, my partner, and I are working on a resolution that proposes
the legalization of drugs...
If you have any ideas please let us know.
Back to top Go down
Venezuela_Amanda

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Amanda K.   Welcome Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:04 am

I'm amanda K, and I'm one of the Delegates for Venezuela with Andrea M. We are both new students, so we are struggling a bit with MUN... Shocked
Our resolution is about legalizing drugs and lagitimizing the FARC.
Back to top Go down
Cuba_LeoRocha

Cuba_LeoRocha

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Venezuela   Welcome Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:15 am

Hey Morales and Amanda,

I just wanted to say if you guys are still struggling with the resolution, you can give it to me and if I have any spare time I'll take a look at it...

Leo Rocha
Back to top Go down
Japan_AndreaK

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:23 am

I'm andrea from Japan with Kristian and i think that going against the United States might be difficult, but good luck you guys. Be prepared!
Back to top Go down
Americas- Jessica Matos

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:20 pm

Hiiiii delegaaaaates!
I wish good luck for all of you guys. ANY PROBLEM, I will be willing to help! okkay? lets rock this MUN ! ! =) KISSEES! =*
Back to top Go down
Americas- Jessica Matos

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 9:29 pm

Andrea and Amanda. Any problem, any question... look for us! we will help you guys ,any time... send an email, or ask in school! don't be afraid or shy of asking. okk? =*
Back to top Go down
Colombia_Cédric

Colombia_Cédric

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 5:19 am

Hello... I am Cedric and I represent the Republica de Colombia together with Bruno Alves and our resolution is about the improvment of Plan Colombia ... any question about just ask them!
Back to top Go down
Cuba_LeoRocha

Cuba_LeoRocha

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: The Andean Treaty   Welcome Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:06 am

What's up Americas?
I found this website that talks about te extension of the Andean Treaty. Just wanted to post it here if it helps anyone... Smile

http://www.economyincrisis.org/articles/show/1949

Okk, bye!

Last edited by Cuba_LeoRocha on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice Americas C.Leader

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: welcome delegates!   Welcome Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 4:56 pm

welcome delegates!
my name is Alice and as you know im one of your caucus leader!
I hope you guys are working very hard to get everything perfect and ready for MUN!
im sure you guys are going to do a great job!
dont hesitate in asking for any help...ill be more than glad to answer your posts here , emails or even at school!
so go and research!
xoxo Wink
Back to top Go down
Colombia Bruno

Colombia Bruno

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:55 am

helo. Im Bruno Alves and I'm together with Cedric Representing the Gov. of Colombia and we are trying to improve Plan Colombia.
Back to top Go down
Venezuela_Amanda

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: post   Welcome Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:07 am

The regulations
The Dutch have divided drugs into two groups, depending on their influence on human health – soft drugs and hard drugs. Hard drugs as cocaine, LSD, morphine, heroin are forbidden in the Netherlands as in any other country.
Soft drugs as cannabis in all its forms (marijuana, hashish, hash oil) and hallucinogenic mushrooms (so called magic mushrooms or paddos – from Dutch: paddestoel - mushroom) are legal under condition of so called “personal use”. As a result smoking of cannabis even in public, is not prosecuted as well as selling it although technically illegal under still valid Opium Act (dating from 1919, cannabis added as drug in 1950), is widely tolerated provided that it happens in a limited, controlled way (in a coffee shop, small portions, 5 grams maximum transaction, not many portions on stock, sale only to adults, no minors on the premises, no advertisement of drugs, the local municipality did not give the order to close the coffee shop).
Situation changed recently in regard to the hallucinogenic mushrooms (also known as magic mushrooms or paddos), the sale of which has been forbidden on October 11, 2007. Still, the ban has not been enforced. Never really considered as drugs until now, the paddos are sold by the so called smart shops along with popular drugs as Ginko Biloba, Guarana, Cola, some herbs and vitamins. The decision to stop their sale has been taken after almost a hundred cases were recorded each year when the medical help has been required linked to the consumption of paddos in Amsterdam only, involving mainly the foreign tourists. Tragically, three of these cases ended as serious accidents, one of them in a tragic death of the 17-year old French girl. Hundreds of people demonstrated in Amsterdam on October 27, 2007 against the new ban.
To become the law in the Netherlands, the ban on paddos has to be accepted by the parliament. As for now, it has not been approved nor enforced. Strictly restricted quantities, large scale cultivation forbidden
In the Netherlands, there are strict laws limiting quantities of the admitted soft drugs, conditions of theirs sale and use. Driving under the influence of the soft drugs is equal to driving under the influence of alcohol. Large scale growing, processing and trading in marijuana is still forbidden as in any other country, but the penalties given by the courts are much lower than abroad.
Some of the municipalities in the Netherlands introduce their own additional regulations regarding specific issues related to law enforcement, prosecution and use of the soft drugs. In the spirit of pragmatism, minor offences as a small violation of the admitted quantities, are usually not prosecuted, since the prosecution and imprisonment is seen by the authorities as expensive and linked to several other negative social effects which outweigh the positive.
The Dutch did not solve the question of the controlled supply of the soft drugs. While the large scale growth and trade of marijuana is forbidden and prosecuted, the question remains how the coffee shops all over the country could be supplied with their accepted by the law small quantities. A state controlled farming in the greenhouses is being planned, but it is admitted that a large share of the cannabis sold in the coffee shops comes from the illegal sources in the Netherlands and abroad.

http://www.amsterdam.info/drugs/
Back to top Go down
Venezuela_Andrea

Venezuela_Andrea

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Embargo   Welcome Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:55 am

Leo, Karlotta, Inez...
i found a good sight with a timeline of the embargo..
maybe its helpfu,
http://www.historyofcuba.com/history/funfacts/embargo.htm
Back to top Go down
USA_Pedro

USA_Pedro

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:08 am

Hey There...
I am Pedro Teixeira, from USA
I just wish everybody a good MUN with interesting debates...
by the way... Is anybody aware of when will we receive the topics of the other nations that will be represented by other school?
any information, please tell me...
Back to top Go down
Cuba_LeoRocha

Cuba_LeoRocha

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Topics   Welcome Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 2:53 pm

Pedro, this is what I know for our caucus

AMERICAS

Argentina - HIV in the Americas (drug use and exchange of needles)
Bolivia - Nationalization of Bolivia
Brazil - Global Warming (alternative fuels)
Colombia - Expansion of Plan-Colombia as part of the War on Terror
Cuba - Lifting the embargo imposed by the US
Haiti (Recife) - Global Food Crisis
United States - Hugo Chavez
Venezuela - Legalization of drugs as part of the War on Terror / normalization of relations with the FARC

I'm not going to list all the caucus' topics here, but I'll tell you the ones that are form other schools:

Somalia (Recife): Global Food Crisis
North Korea (Recife): 1. Tibetan Sovereignty; 2. Japanese War Crimes on North Korea during WWII

South Korea delegates come from Belo Horizonte, but they haven't posted their topics yet...

There are more countries from other schools, but I'm not sure of their countries or topics...

I hope this helped!
Back to top Go down
Cuba_Karlotta

Cuba_Karlotta

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:36 am

I was just wandering how many and what countries are on the US side for the embargo imposed on Cuba?

i hope not many...but pls let me know!
Karlotta
Back to top Go down
Afghanistan_Chiara

Afghanistan_Chiara

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 12:49 pm

Salam fellow delegates!
The delegate of Afghanistan thinks that the Cuba should not worry too much about how many nations are allies with the US. This should not have an impact on the succesful outcoming of the cuban proposal. Just because the US has many allies, it doesn't mean that this other nations will have to accept everything proposed by the USA. Its a matter of doing what nations think its right to do. The International Community has to be open minded and if necessary, change its position in relation to issues. There is no reason to stick to the same proposal bilindly. If that was the case, there wouldn't be a reason to have international meetings in the first place. Be faithful delegates ! إله يبارك أنت
Back to top Go down
Venezuela_Amanda

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 2:20 pm

andrea and i wish to put a 100% tax on imported drugs.... should we make it even higher yet?
Back to top Go down
Afghanistan_Chiara

Afghanistan_Chiara

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 2:43 pm

Fellow Cuban Delegate,
President Bush and President Karzai jointly announced creation of a Strategic Partnership between the United States and Afghanistan, with the mutual goals of enhancing the long-term security, democracy and prosperity of Afghanistan. (http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2006/63489.htm) إله يبارك أنت

Last edited by Afghanistan_Chiara on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Venezuela_Amanda

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: venezuela_amanda   Welcome Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 7:19 am

dont know if this helps colombia- but i have some sites on why plan colombia isn't working, and i figure if you want to improve it, then you might need some sites on why it's bad;

http://www.earthjustice.org/library/background/plan-colombia-lethal-to-the-environment-ineffective-against-drug-crops.html

http://www.commondreams.org/views/121000-102.htm

http://www.commondreams.org/views/082300-106.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Welcome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome   Welcome Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Model United Nations :: Caucus :: Americas-
Jump to: