Model United Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model United Nations

Pan American School of Bahia- Salvador

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TIBET

Go down 
+7
Myanmar_Mariana Ramos
China_Bia
Cuba_Karlotta
Myanmar_Vanessa
China_Camila
japan_kristian
SecretaryGeneral_Pedro
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SecretaryGeneral_Pedro

SecretaryGeneral_Pedro

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:01 pm

Delegates, I know that none of you are actually doing Tibet as topic for reso. but the delegation from DPRK (RECIFE) will address it. So, research that, it is going to be a heated debate. I have opened this topic here to aid any of you with the topic, but please research, and start sharing here your knowledge.

Tips:
-Conflictuos backgroung (skim over)
-Start cracking from Chinese take over in 1951.
-Tibetan strive for liberation.
-Mao's Cultural Revolution
-Dalai Lama's position and exile.
-Re-insurgency of demonstrations 2008
-How it started.
-Who?
-How many dead?
-Chinese crackdown. Overreaction?

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
japan_kristian

japan_kristian

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:14 am

hello, i am the delegate of Japan, last year, i was a delegate of indonesia with the topic of supporting Tibet against China, i havent looked up on the recent updates that associate with this topic, but i know that China are abusing what Tibet has such as all their natural resources and peacfull lifestyle. But when Tibet declared that they wanted to be separated from China, China attacked the tibatian monks and different historical monuments, and that is uncalled for and as a delegate of Japan, i know that we are on the side of Tibet.
Back to top Go down
China_Camila

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 9:07 am

hello pedro! about delegates from other schools, do you know exactly how many are coming to the asian caucus? and are their countries and resolutions defined? how can we find more about their topics? and when will their resolutions be available? thanks for your help!
Back to top Go down
SecretaryGeneral_Pedro

SecretaryGeneral_Pedro

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 2:34 pm

Camila, as for right now we know for sure that in Asia there will be North Korea and South Korea (there might be someone else i can remember right now) We do not have South Korea's topics right now but North Korea's reso is about Tibet, and reparations from Japan regarding WW2.
As soon as i get more info i will pass it on. Anyway do some good research on Tibet.
Back to top Go down
Myanmar_Vanessa

Myanmar_Vanessa

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Tibet   TIBET Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:34 am

I was China in the minimun, and Tibet is actually asking to become an autonomy states, like Hong Kong. They wan't China to continue giving money and food to them, while they do nothing and in result China will have no right in Tibet land. Tibet monks have also been acused of been violent toward Chinese inocent turist, which goes against the buddhist religion.
Back to top Go down
japan_kristian

japan_kristian

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 4:32 pm

The Chinese soldiers were attacking the peacful monks, there was no violence from the tibetians either. And now, many countries in the Asian caucus that are now in side of Tibet, will help Tibet and any of their econamy or political crysis they may go through.
Back to top Go down
Cuba_Karlotta

Cuba_Karlotta

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 8:08 am

Vanessa is the discussion starting again? XDDD
lol!
Tibet is a peaceful country, who is trying to be an independent state!
China doesnt want them to do that, so they started attacking the peaceful monks. As my partner from last years mini mun, Kristian from Japan, has said before, China wants tibet to be part of them, because of Tibets natural resources.
Back to top Go down
China_Bia

China_Bia

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 5:40 am

Dear Asian Delegates,

Tibet is part of China! China would just like to remind delegates Chinese´s kind heart in relation to Tibet
- in 1996 alone China invested the equivalent of 600$ million, about to thirds of Tibet´s total economy that year
- in 1997 their economy grew y more than 10% outpassing the growth in China, due to the late investments
- in 1980 China spent 36$ million to restore budhistic monastharies
- China spends more than 50 $ million monthly with Tibet, and still, they turn their backs to ask for indepence,after China has elevated them to the position of wealth?
Back to top Go down
japan_kristian

japan_kristian

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 6:08 am

ok great, so you have done enough for Tibet, now they are able to survive on their own, so let them go, u have also done many bad things to them too.
Back to top Go down
China_Bia

China_Bia

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 8:45 am

why should we "let them go" if they are part of our country? How can we let them go, if a brake off would bring Tibet´s economy down, since there will no be another country to invest millions in this area? why should we let them go if we have fought for them, if we are one? how can we separate one in two? stay with broken halves?
Back to top Go down
Myanmar_Mariana Ramos

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 5:02 am

By representinh Myanmar I do agree with China and so, I am against Tibet. I also know that, if Tibet turns into a autonomy, Chian will not have any welth in turn. China has been helping Myanmar. Some of its help came with all the sanctions crisis and it helped Myanmar by sending aid after the Nargis cyclone and also by supporting it's position.
Back to top Go down
japan_kristian

japan_kristian

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 6:47 am

well, China did fight for Tibet, but very unfairly, everyone knows that Tibet doesnt have a good army. china took advantage of that, but now why dont you just let tibet free, their econamy wont die, they have alot of support from many of the surrounding countries. China is nothing but an enemy to Tibet now.
Back to top Go down
Myanmar_Vanessa

Myanmar_Vanessa

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 7:32 am

delegate of japan, buddhist monk have been attacking chinese turist, while the monk are claiming they are passive. and gandhi defeated the british with no army, no fight, you don't need weapons to win.
Back to top Go down
SouthAfrica_LeoBiglia

SouthAfrica_LeoBiglia

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:54 pm

A loooong time ago, while Tibet was a nation, people lived simple lives. Mostly farmers and monks, Tibet was a symbol for peace. Soon, Chinese armies invaded the country, alledging that it was part of of the Chinese territory. Defenselles and pacificist, the monks did not ereact while soldiers killed, kidnapped, tortured and raped innocent "Tibetians" (sorry, this is probably wrong).

This is simply an absurd. China invaded an area which did not belong to it, terrorized it when the population of Tibet had no army, no guns and no way of defending themselves, and now alledges it to be in China's jurisdition.

There are Chinese army officials standing in the streets of Tibet. A single glance at them, or a slightly awkward move may result on a broken limb, blood and a disfigurated face.

China, why?
Back to top Go down
japan_kristian

japan_kristian

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:30 am

exactly, Why? China has been terrorising Tibet and is being cruel!
like leo said, there are police officialas everywhere in tibet, and why, because for some reason, china wants more land, more power, and they want to take the little amount resources tibet has.
Back to top Go down
China_Bia

China_Bia

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:55 pm

Dear Delegates,
China believes both of you have misunderstood the conflict or have not researched the basis of the Tibet- China relations.
To enhance the discussion, and further allow China to response to true allegations, please reasearch the kings and dynasties who rulled China and Tibet, as well as their relations before 1950, when we were once more unified.
Furthermore, China believes the delegates are not aware about the threats monks and other rebel Tibet's posse upon Chinese states and cities, and the international community. Can you not recall of the attacks planned during the Olympics? If concretized, wouldn't they harm the international community who would feel afraid to return to China for visits? or in a more negative aspect, wouldn't they kill many peaceful world citizens who had come to celebrate? Furthermore, China would like to clarify that the police is not in every street of Tibet, oppressing them. There are some indeed, to protect the population of Tibet, the ones who know what good China has caused their "state". China would also like to remind, that all of the citizes ( if there are any) harmed by the Chinese police in any area, while in ther duty to protect, receives a payment from the government and all medical care ( if they are injured), is taken care by the PCC. WE ARE ONE, AND ONE WE WILL REMAIN!
Back to top Go down
China_Bia

China_Bia

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 7:07 pm

DEAR ASIAN DELEGATES!
it is with deep appreciation that China announces, UK has recognized Chinese sovereignty over Tibet. =))))))
Back to top Go down
China_Paula

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 3:13 pm

i couldnt agree more with my fellow delegate of china. if all you delegates can say is "free tibet, china is terrorizing tibet, let them go"and have no better arguments for it, try doing some deep reasearch instead, which will definetely indicate that chinas sovereingty over tibet was much more beneficial to 95% of its previously explored and under subhuman condition population.
Back to top Go down
Afghanistan_MariaGabriela

Afghanistan_MariaGabriela

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:53 pm

I'm going to go ahead and throw in a question here:
If China is benefitting 95% of Tibet's population, why are young Tibetans (who make up some 30% of the people) willing to "resist China with blood"?
Back to top Go down
India_Oscar

India_Oscar

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:07 pm

The delegate of India is fully supporting the delegation of China against nefarious attacks on China’s integrity concerning Tibet, and China’s sovereignty over Tibet.

One element that makes the Tibet issue seeming to be unsolvable is the Tibetan subterfuge to the world.

Yes delegates. Behind the covert of non-violence and universal love principles is hidden terrorism. And the delegate of India wants to recall and make it clear once and for all: terrorism, under all its forms and manifestations is threat to all states and all humanity, and cannot be based on any grounds, WHATSOEVER.

The delegate of India wants to highlight a recent current event that perfectly proves his point.

Quote :
Tsewang Rinzin, the president of the Tibetan Youth Congress (TYC), has openly advocated internationally that "Tibetan resistance movement shall adopt violent suicide measures to proceed…" and his naked nature of violence is thus again unmasked totally.

Some delegates may suggest that this terrorist group is an extreme case, and has indeed no links with the holy Dalai-Lama.

Quote :
The Dalai Lama stands for the so-called "a high degree of autonomy" and "non-violence" to obtain by cheating the support of the populace who are unaware of truth, while TYC and other Tibetan independence organizations on the other side have openly yelled and taken actions to seek the so-called "Tibetan independence" via means of violence and even with bloodshed.

TYC has organized many activities for the cause of "Tibetan independence", as it represents its main objective. The most typical is an annual protest staged on March 10 each year against the Chinese government, which has never ceased since its founding in the 1970s, including violent attacks against Chinese embassies and consulates overseas, sits-in and hunger strikes, etc.

TYC also repeatedly claimed that armed struggles and the use of violence represent the "only way" for Tibetans to achieve its complete independence.

TYC had involved itself directly in the Lhasa riots of 1987, 1988 and 1989, added Tibetologists. In March this year, TYC is right behind the riots, or such violent actions as beating, smashing, looting and arson in Lhasa and other ethic Tibetan areas, and attacks on 18 Chinese embassies and consulates overseas all have something to do with TYC.

In a vain attempt to attain their aim of "Tibet independence", they have set up the military training ground in Dharamsala, India. Meanwhile, they have sent people to contact and seek "reciprocal" support from the relevant organization in Kashmir, the Tamil "tigers" in Sri Lanka, Al Qaeda, "East Turkistan" separatists in China's northwestern Xinjiang region, and other international terrorist organizations.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90780/91342/6403769.html

At this point, the delegate of India wants to recall that any claim for independence MUST BE through peaceful means, and not terrorism. Recalling that India is the living example of that ideal of peaceful independence, through the guidance of the Great Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.

Terrorism will never be the answer.
Back to top Go down
China_Paula

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 4:41 am

Quote :
If China is benefitting 95% of Tibet's population, why are young Tibetans (who make up some 30% of the people) willing to "resist China with blood"?

Delegate of Afghanistan, I don't know about you, but I'd rather live in a country where I lack freedom of speech, then in a country where I'd have my tongue and eyes removed if I didn't follow orders.

Most who are "resisting China with blood" have not experienced a life of slavery and subhuman conditions. It is a new generation where they idealize complete freedom, but live under restricted rules. The point China makes is that slavery, I believe all delegates do agree, is a direct violation to the whole Human Rights Code, and China, with its claiming of a territory that was already ours, abolished slavery.

And let China remind the delegate of Afghanistan, who seems to be more than willing to tackle China at any opportunity, that our relationship is closer than only "diplomatic". Let Afghanistan be reminded that during Afghanistan's reconstruction, China was its major supplier of hummanitarian aid besides, strengthening its bonds with YOUR country in order to combat terrorism to restore a balanced and safe government. At least, when you want to tackle China for not agreeing with its ideals, be sure that it is for something that you are SURE wasn't beneficial, or it might sound like you are giving a "thumbs up" for slavery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TIBET Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIBET   TIBET Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIBET
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Model United Nations :: Caucus :: Asia-
Jump to: