Model United Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model United Nations

Pan American School of Bahia- Salvador

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HIV/AIDS in Americas

Go down 
+11
Cuba_Karlotta
France_Luzia
SouthAfrica_Paulo
Haiti_Tulio
USA_raphael
Alice Americas C.Leader
Cuba_Inez
argentina_lucia
Cuba_LeoRocha
Colombia_Lucas
Argentina_LeoM
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Argentina_LeoM

Argentina_LeoM

HIV/AIDS in Americas Empty
PostSubject: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:33 am

I'm sure that most of you know already that my resolution is going to be on the spread of the HIV virus in not only Argentina but also in Latin America, so, most countries in the Americas caucus is affected by the virus and should vote in favor of our resolution....

Anyway, this topic was created so that you guys can ask me anything you want about my resolution...Any questions, doubts....you can ask me!

peace!
Back to top Go down
Colombia_Lucas

Colombia_Lucas

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:37 am

What are your ideas to solve this issue?
What are your ideas to try to make people have safer sexual and use preservatives and protective methods?

Last edited by Colombia_Lucas on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cuba_LeoRocha

Cuba_LeoRocha

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:40 am

Yes Argentina, the delegates of Cuba have been researching about the sickness's influence in our country. Hopefully, soon we will have a concrete opinion on the topic to enter debate.

Patria y libertad.

Leo Rocha
Back to top Go down
Argentina_LeoM

Argentina_LeoM

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:56 am

Wow! You guys posted quickly!

Well, anyways, delegate of Colombia, we are planning on asking not only for help and support in our Health clinics and hospitals but also financial support from the power nations.
Regarding your question about safer sexual and condoms, NGOs like WHO, PAHO, and UNAIDS have been not only influencing the Argentine people to the use of condoms but have also been providing some support to the clinics which focus on HIV victims, but still, this support is not enough. We still need help from the power nations, and with their support we wish to not completely solve our issue, but at least diminish the spreading of HIV.

Delegate of Cuba, I have some information on your country about AIDs, and when I find it I'll send it to you by this forum...

see you guys!
Back to top Go down
Colombia_Lucas

Colombia_Lucas

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:10 am

What about the issue regarding religion? Some religions are against the use of condoms and people who follow them strictly will never change their minds.
(I'm not going against you, I'm just trying to learn more about your resolution)
Also, do you request MORE help from the World Health Organization, the Pan American Health Organization, and UNAIDS? (Too lazy to write the full name)
study
Back to top Go down
Argentina_LeoM

Argentina_LeoM

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:16 am

Fellow Colombian delegate, we are indeed aware of the religious problems regarding the use of condoms and we respect the different cultures and religions yet we will propose campaigns and make them aware of how HIV is easily spread by sexual...We are not going against the religions, but we are going to try to influence the religious groups, including the most strict ones....(I hope i answered your question!!)

Well delegate, we are not asking for MORE support from these NGOs, since they have already been giving as much support as they can give, but, as I already stated before, we are also asking for MORE help from the power nations!!!

any other doubts, just go on and ask!
Back to top Go down
Colombia_Lucas

Colombia_Lucas

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:23 am

Could you give examples of what "power" nations you'll ask help from?
And what type of help do you ask from them? Simply economic or are you also requesting medical aid or aid in supplies?

And how do you hope to influence people who have followed a religion since they were young and believe in everything their religious leaders say? (i.e. strict Catholics, who believe and follow the Pope invariably, are against condoms and other protective anti-pregnancy methods).
Back to top Go down
argentina_lucia

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:54 am

Delegate of Colombia, the "power" nations in which my partner refer himself at are; the United States of America, United Kingdom, France etc.. and we will ask for money so we can use it to improve Health Clinics as well as Hospitals.

We respect the thoughts that the Catholic Religion follows and we will not desrespect it, we will try to influence them by having propagandas and several of speeches talking about the dangerous diseases that can be sexually trasmitted.

We can not forget that there are also other ways for the HIV virus to spread - sharing needles/drugs is a huge topic which we are bringing up as well.
Back to top Go down
Cuba_Inez

Cuba_Inez

PostSubject: Position paper   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 2:42 pm

Hello Argentina,

I gona write my position paper about HIV/AIDS in Americas.
Do you have maybe some tip's for me?
Or site's that I can juse?

Inez S [Cuba]
Back to top Go down
Argentina_LeoM

Argentina_LeoM

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 4:31 pm

Hey delegate from Cuba! I have a couple of good sites which talk not only about statistics of South American/Latin American countries but also talk about some causes and other problems related to the HIV virus...

http://www.avert.org/southamerica.htm

http://www.amfar.org/cgi-bin/iowa/programs/globali/record.html?record=128

I hope these sites are helpful to you! Oh, and good luck on your position paper!
Back to top Go down
Argentina_LeoM

Argentina_LeoM

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:51 am

If any other delegates are doing their position paper on my topic, you can ask anytime for my help with it!!!
Back to top Go down
Cuba_LeoRocha

Cuba_LeoRocha

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:19 pm

Thanks for the help Argentina!
Back to top Go down
Alice Americas C.Leader

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 5:48 am

delegates, argentina's resolution is very important.
it regards a topic trully important to all nations, therefore research on your countries position
one more thing, it is imoportant to remind that argentina depends on aid(specially when it comes from medical care), since its government has passed through economic crisis and it needs the help of all countries!

IM LOVING YOUR POSTS!!! KEEP IT UP DELEGATESSS!
Back to top Go down
USA_raphael

PostSubject: fianance   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:57 am

First the American delegate would like to state his support of the Argentinian resolution. However I would like to know how this plan will be financed and how it will be carried out: how will supplies be distrebuted, where will volunteers come from, etc.
Thanks, Leitz
Back to top Go down
Haiti_Tulio

Haiti_Tulio

PostSubject: Alliance and Doubts...   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Dear Argentinian delegate,

After reading a lot I relized that Argentina has troops in Haiti and that your plan of HIV would greatly benefit our country. Haiti supports your resolution and belives that it will greatly benefit our nation in the struggle against HIV and it food crisis problem.I belive that our nations should be together in this problems and fight aginst them. However I would also like to know how the HIV plan will be financed? How will supplies be distributed? NGO's or NPO's?

Hoping an alliance,
Tulio Jarocki
Back to top Go down
Cuba_Inez

Cuba_Inez

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 2:47 pm

Thank you, Argentina!
Back to top Go down
Argentina_LeoM

Argentina_LeoM

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 5:55 pm

Well, delegate of Haiti, as I already stated before, we are asking for financial aid and also other types of aid from several power nations which are in the right "condition" to provide us support, like for example the US, UK, France and etc....If we add this support to the support that NGOs such as UNAIDS, PAHO, and WHO have been giving us, i'm pretty sure that the distribution of the supplies wouldn't be that much of a problem....

p.s. sorry for the delay in answering, I was only able to enter into the forum today....
Back to top Go down
Argentina_LeoM

Argentina_LeoM

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:20 pm

Hey Alice, thanks for backing us up, and thanks for remembering me of the economic crisis!!
Not so many years ago, Argentina indeed went through an economic crisis which devastated the entire country. Although Argentina has been recovering recently from the crisis, it is not fully recovered yet to provide aid and support to the health clinics and hospitals, thus leading to the support from NGOs and power nations....
Back to top Go down
Haiti_Tulio

Haiti_Tulio

PostSubject: Thanks !   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:48 am

Dear Argentinian delegate,

Thanks for answering my questions. When you have time check out my topic and see if you would like to support my resolution on the global food crisis. Let`s see if we can support each other. Haiti supports your resolution.

Feel free to ask.
Thanks again,
Tulio Jarocki
Back to top Go down
SouthAfrica_Paulo

SouthAfrica_Paulo

PostSubject: Background on Topic + Position   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:16 am

South Africa completely agrees of the importance of such resolution and the significance of this topic, but it is also aware that various attempts to eradicate this issue were unsuccessful for diverse reasons.

Among the most severe stagnant of this resolution is religion, giving emphasis to the Roman Catholic Church, which greatly opposes the use of condom or any other birth control method. As Roman Catholic is the religion of nearly 92% of the Argentine population and 20% are severe followers this issue has to be specifically addressed.

Further on, the treatment for the Human Immunodeficiency Virus have advanced to such a point that an individual under appropriate treatment can have a completely normal life and depending on the strand of the virus without any severe effect; This advances have caused most of the population to underestimate the effects of such pathology and therefore ignore precautions.

The delegation of South Africa adds that the most efficient method of persuasion is through the media especially through the television and Internet tacking into account that Argentina has nearly 10 million internet users and most citizens have access to a television. Therefore, through an efficient media campaign it will be possible to alert the population of such issue and thereby enforce the use of condoms reducing the intensity of HIV contamination.
Back to top Go down
argentina_lucia

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 7:59 am

delegate of south africa,

thanks for sharing your knowledge about the topic and about its several problems. The delegates of Argentina are aware of the fact that there are many Roman Catholic Church followers in Argentina and that their ideals of not using condom will not change.

We, as a nation should come up with an impacting and shocking advertisement or propaganda where everyone can see the horrifying effect that the HIV/AIDS virus can cause to all the population.

Yes, the delegate agrees with your point where the delegate states that the most efficient form to persuade people is through media and television, internet etc.
Back to top Go down
France_Luzia

France_Luzia

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:46 pm

Helo American caucus!
France, as one of the power nations stated before, recognizes the importance of such resolution and encourages the measures taken by Argentina to eradicate such disease. It understands that HIV is a problem witch involves not only health but also culture issues, as many religions do not aprove the use of condoms or prevention pills. However, sexual education is something that should be taught. Today education is primaraly done by global means and does not really take religious teachings in consideration, but still sexual education should be present in all schools so that teenagers can be informed about sexually transmmited diseases and how to preven themselves. After Spain, France has the largest number od HIV infected citizens in Europe and urges for the end of such cruel disease!
France would like to state that it is in fact cooperating for the reaserch on HIV as it makes funds. This website gives you more information on France's campaign:
http://www.webinfrance.com/france-fights-aids-sidaction-2008-public-fund-raising-effort-hiv-aids-research-330.html

About the sponsoring, France would like to state that it will first revise the resolution, and that if it fullfills France's desires and is coherant and possible it will for sure agree upon.

Au Revoir! Protect yourselves everybody!
Back to top Go down
Cuba_Karlotta

Cuba_Karlotta

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 6:57 am

The Cuban NPO organization "American Cuban Aids Project" is willing to help HIV affected countries, since Cuba's 0.03% infection rate is one of the lowest in the world.
By the way, this shows that Castro DOES care about his people!!!!

Patria y libertad
-Karlotta
Back to top Go down
Cuba_Karlotta

Cuba_Karlotta

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 7:26 am

but unfortuntaly Cuba doesnt have the best relationship with Argentina!
Back to top Go down
USA_Pedro

USA_Pedro

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:25 am

Delegates of Argentina,
The United States wishes to express its approval in relation to the Argentinian resolution.
The HIV/Aids issue is currently referred to in the African caucus, however the Latin American nations are also suffering from this disease.
The USA wishes to help wish preventive and educational programs, and if possible, include PEPFAR (President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief ) principles and commitments in the resolution.
I hope everybody works together to find effective measures to end this issue in Latin America
Thank you
delegate of the US
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HIV/AIDS in Americas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next