Model United Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model United Nations

Pan American School of Bahia- Salvador

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HIV/AIDS in Americas

Go down 
+11
Cuba_Karlotta
France_Luzia
SouthAfrica_Paulo
Haiti_Tulio
USA_raphael
Alice Americas C.Leader
Cuba_Inez
argentina_lucia
Cuba_LeoRocha
Colombia_Lucas
Argentina_LeoM
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
USA_Pedro

USA_Pedro

HIV/AIDS in Americas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:29 am

Cuban delegate, the low rate of HIV in Cuba demonstrates that Cuba can be an important nation in regards to diminishing these numbers throughout Latin America. It is important, in a delicate issue like this, to keep the differences in political principles aside, and try to work together to fight this global issue that is HIV.
thanks
delegate of the US
Back to top Go down
Colombia_Cédric

Colombia_Cédric

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:52 am

The delegate of Colombia completely agrees with the resolution and dopes approve, but I would like to say that the propagandas around the world are already happening and that by doing more, it will not gave a good increase on helping. I am saying this because I have seen such propagandas in many different ways such as television, papers, and different types of media but I would like to emphasize that I wasn't completely persuade just because of media. I think there should another type of helping, like a radical one maybe which will make a great change in the number of HIV spread. I may be wrong about a radical way but in different cases, it worked a lot.
bye
Back to top Go down
Argentina_LeoM

Argentina_LeoM

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 2:41 pm

Delegate of Colombia, what would be a "radical way" for you??

Forcing people to use condoms and have protected sexual??
Back to top Go down
USA_Pedro

USA_Pedro

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:18 pm

Delegates of Argentina and Haiti
I just read in the World Food Programme website, one interesting plan that regards both resolutions
http://www.wfp.org/food_aid/food_for_hiv/index.asp?section=12&sub_section=2
it shows how working to diminish hunger issues, especially amongst children and schools, could consequently diminish the HIV/Aids rate, mainly throughout children.
I believe some plans of fund raising presented by this organization are interesting, and I plan to bring into discussion several measures that are presented in this website.
take a look
Back to top Go down
USA_Pedro

USA_Pedro

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:21 pm

By the way
the delegation of the United States is looking forward towards working with every delegation to ensure responsable measures to end this issue.
Delegates, this is a resolution that will probably pass unanimously, but this doesn't mean that there should be poor debating.
Bring to the discussion different ways to solve the issue, and let's debate on the best manners to prevent the Aids epidemic from spreading in Latin America.
Thanks
delegate of the United States
Back to top Go down
France_Luzia

France_Luzia

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 4:37 pm

Delegate of Columbia: Propaganda works, will work and will always work. Teh same way it persuades into the wrong direction it also helps expand and reach all people. The same way breast cancer is alays on the news and calling women to do the self exam, AIDS should be out there for everybody to know about. The use of condoms is still something disconsidered by many youngsters and if the causes andd effects of such disease are out there, it will for sure encourage the use of condoms and most o all protection.
We neeed to make the next egenrations fully aware of such case. Awarenes is the first step into solving this issue. How can somedoy do somehting if he or she never even heard about it ?

[img]http://buttecounty.net/publichealth/cder/aids_ribbon.png
Back to top Go down
Cuba_Karlotta

Cuba_Karlotta

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 2:41 pm

Delegates,

Forgive me. You are completely right. HIV has caused too much suffering, and Cuba will put its political issues aside to help solve this together with everyone. If Cuba can do anything in terms of medical support, please let me know.

Thank you,

Patria y Libertad.
-Karlotta.
Back to top Go down
USA_Pedro

USA_Pedro

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 3:57 pm

That's exactly the attitude to take delegate of Cuba.
If delegations start to discuss political issues during this resolution, than certainly the resolution will loose it's focus on the main issue, that involves the AIDS epidemic.
Research about effective treatments and ways to diminish its occurence, such as did the delegate of France, calling for the importance of propaganda.
Keep posting several ways to solve this issue here in the forum
thank you,
delegate of the UNited States
Back to top Go down
argentina_lucia

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:07 am

Thanks for all the support delegates!
Argentina really aprreciates the concerns and advices that all delegates have proposed. Delegate of France, yes the Argentine delegate fully agrees with your point. How can someone be aware of something they never heard about? So that is our first step into the solution - spread the damages that the HIV VIRUS have already done. And in this step we should also spread how it can be prevented, etc. Second step is to help the ones that are living with the disease and for this to be properly done, Argentina needs the financial help from other countries as well as the donation of health care tools. Marketing does have a great impact and it does leave a great mark, HIV/AIDS propagandas must cause a really strong impact. The red ribbon that represents the fight against AIDS should be "posted" more and more in all propagandas related to the topic. Campaigns as well as speeches done by people who work at hospitals with the people infected by the virus should be done with more frequency.

Any new ideas, please post delegates!
Back to top Go down
bolivia_leticia

bolivia_leticia

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:47 am

The delegate of Bolivia also wants to show full support for this resolution. Although only 4,900 people have AIDS in Bolivia we still want to try to diminish.
Back to top Go down
Cuba_Karlotta

Cuba_Karlotta

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:23 am

Delegate of Argentina, could you please inform the delegate of Cuba about the infection rate in your country?
Thank you
patria y libetad
Karlotta
Back to top Go down
Argentina_LeoM

Argentina_LeoM

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:02 pm

Delegate of Cuba, over 6,200 people are living with HIV in Cuba, and over 100 people died because of the HIV virus. There was also an estimate that only in the Carribean, about 230,000 people are living with the AIDS/HIV virus...
Back to top Go down
Argentina_LeoM

Argentina_LeoM

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:09 pm

My fellow delegates, indeed, HIV prevention efforts in Latin/South America has been small-scale and slow, and it's really dependent on NGO's and other programmes, yet several Latin American countries have really put effort into raising the awareness of the HIV virus epidemic. Billboards, radio, television, and posters are some of the means that are used to raise the AIDS awareness. The Latin American region has been gradually receiving worlwide notice, since there indeed has been success in providing treatment (due to the help from NGOs and power nations).

Although the Americas has been suffering because of the HIV epidemic, aid has been received from several NGOs such as UNAIDs, PAHO, and WHO, and power nations have been financially supporting the most affected countries.

So, delegates, vote in favor of this resolution!

p.s. MUN is NEXT WEEK
Back to top Go down
USA_Pedro

USA_Pedro

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 2:55 pm

Delegate
It is important to quote one of the World Food Program's initiativez.
This organization created a vinculum between malnutrition and the Aids epidemic.
It presents a series of solutions that are applicable to your resolution, as well as to Haiti's resolution.
Take a look at it, and if possible implement it to your proposals, in order to gain full assitance of the Haitian delegation, in an attempt to solve both problems with one solution.
Back to top Go down
Argentina_LeoM

Argentina_LeoM

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 4:20 am

Delegate of the United States, I took a look at the WFP's initiative regarding AIDs and they stated several strategic directions in order to HIV prevention:

- Enable people to know their HIV status;
- Maximize the health sector’s contribution to HIV prevention;
- Accelerate the scale-up of HIV treatment and care;
- Strengthen and expand health systems;
- Invest in strategic information to better inform the HIV response.

Regarding the food crisis, I'm still taking a look at it, but when I find it, I'll definetly see if I'll apply it to my resolution.
Back to top Go down
Afghanistan_Chiara

Afghanistan_Chiara

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 4:56 pm

Salam fellow delegates!
I wished your resolution had gone to General Assembly. Even though the proposal would not require much discussion, since all nations would vote in favor, it would still be an amazing chance to learn more about the issue and a feasible solvency. Furthermore, even though it is an internal issue, it is concerning for many other nations which are suffering from the same problem. Keep in mind that the effective measures proposed in Haiti’s resolution could be very helpful to Africa as a whole. Afghanistan strongly supports your proposal. إله يبارك أنت
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HIV/AIDS in Americas   HIV/AIDS in Americas - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HIV/AIDS in Americas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2