Model United Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model United Nations

Pan American School of Bahia- Salvador

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

topic

Go down 
+7
Asia_Chair_Caio
egypt_chico
Pakistan_Gianna
Myanmar_Mariana Ramos
Japan_AndreaK
Afghanistan_Chiara
japan_kristian
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
japan_kristian

japan_kristian

topic Empty
PostSubject: topic   topic Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:46 pm

hello, my name is Kristian Rego and my country is Japan, my topic is stopping nuclear production in North Korea, so if there are any questions or suggestions thenI am willing to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Afghanistan_Chiara

Afghanistan_Chiara

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:34 pm

- I was Japan once, and talked about the same issue - Very Happy
Hello fellow delegate of Japan, I am Chiara delegate of the country of Afghanistan. Why does the country of Japan want North Korea to stop its nuclear program? Didnt North Korea prove already its peaceful goals? Doesnt the delegate of Japan understand that North Korea has a fragile economy and that its nuclear program is an alternative source of energy, which by no means will be used to threat the International Community? إله يبارك أنت

Last edited by Afghanistan_Chiara on Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Japan_AndreaK

topic Empty
PostSubject: kris chiara   topic Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 6:56 am

chiara, the reason japan is involved because North Korea tested their nuclear power near Japan. Also because Japan is in the same caucus, and therefore, involved.
Back to top Go down
Myanmar_Mariana Ramos

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 7:26 am

Hi, my name is Mariana and my country is Myanmar and the topic is to fight unilateral sanctons imposed against my country.
Back to top Go down
Pakistan_Gianna

Pakistan_Gianna

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:08 am

hello delegate of Japan =)
How does Japan's decision to stop the nuclear program in North Korea benefit and/or effect the international community? Thanks Dog.
Pakistan for Peace, out!
Back to top Go down
Afghanistan_Chiara

Afghanistan_Chiara

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:41 pm

Fellow delegate of Pakistan, the delegate of Afghanistan would like to answer the question. There is no benefit in imposing sanction in North Korea: it will only damage its economy even more and completely extinguish one of the few resources the country has. By imposing sanctions, North Korea will starve to death and this is not the goal that the International Community wants to achieve. As a response to the fellow and hostinated delegate of Japan, the missiles tested by the country of North Kora were not directed to Japan but to the ocean, far away from the Japanese coast. North Korea has no intentions to threat Japan. The delegate of Afghanistan would also like to call upon the delegation of North Korea: "dudes, where are u guys, stand up for yourselves and respond to these accusations, gee !! إله يبارك أنت

Last edited by Afghanistan_Chiara on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pakistan_Gianna

Pakistan_Gianna

topic Empty
PostSubject: Reply to Afghan-Delegate   topic Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 2:00 pm

Dear delegate of Afghanistan,
Nuclear power in the hands of any unstable country represents a threat to the entire international community. A threat, not only referring to individual member states homeland security but also to economical ties that may exist between these said member states. Pakistan conquers with the stance that imposing sanctions on a developing country such as North Korea would not be beneficial to the international community, but we also propose that North Korea needs to sign an agreement charter that keeps their nuclear power projects strictly to economical reasons and alerts concerned member states of any plans in developing the project such as testing their nuclear development in international waters.
Pakistan for Peace for Afghanistan, Out
Back to top Go down
Japan_AndreaK

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:16 am

Delegates of my fellow countries of the UN,
I, the delegate of Japan, propose that since Japan's relations have been bad with North Korea and they are starting to produce nuclear power after we asked them to stop and attempted to stop them
Back to top Go down
japan_kristian

japan_kristian

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:25 am

OK LOOK delegate of afghanastan!
first of all, those mistles were not aimed towards us but around us,
and Japan suffered the explosion aswell. and um... WTF! who said anything about sanctions, we're not going to put sanctions on North Korea, and if we were, then we would have other countries support such as China and South Korea who are on our side.
Back to top Go down
Japan_AndreaK

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:32 am

Delegate of Afghanistan, i, the other delegate of Japan, have something to add. We intend to use the carrot, stick theory Mr. Swanson just explained to me. If they disarm all nuclear powers, we will help realtions with them and give them a carrot. If they continue to not cooperate then we will join forces with the surrounding countries (China, South Korea, United States, etc.) and hit them with a stick and force them to discontinue all programs if even by force. Sanctions and threats are possiblities for Japan to issue if we believe North Korea is a threat to us. If we think they are a threat and they dont want any misunderstanding, why doesnt North Korea say anything about it and aplogize or tone down it's programs?
Back to top Go down
egypt_chico

egypt_chico

topic Empty
PostSubject: Quisck question   topic Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:48 am

This is chico the delegate of egypt, i know it the wrong caucus and all but really would THE countries be happy if north Korea developed nuclear technology and it was stolen and used by terrorists? We saw the mess when russia fell and weak countries got nukes... does this look like a world piece happy scenario?

Less Nukes More Peace
Back to top Go down
japan_kristian

japan_kristian

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:01 am

the delegate of egypt is correct and haveing another country like North Korea haveing nuclear power would just make a bigger mess than it already is.
Back to top Go down
Asia_Chair_Caio
Admin

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 3:59 pm

chico_egypt wrote:
This is chico the delegate of egypt, i know it the wrong caucus and all but really would THE countries be happy if north Korea developed nuclear technology and it was stolen and used by terrorists? We saw the mess when russia fell and weak countries got nukes... does this look like a world piece happy scenario?

Less Nukes More Peace

Could the delegate please enlighten us to which are these weak countries who acquired nukes due to the Russian downfall?
Back to top Go down
Afghanistan_Chiara

Afghanistan_Chiara

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:49 pm

Decorum fellow delegate of Japan !!! Diplomacy is always the best solution. By the way, if the missiles were not directed to the country of Japan, it shouldnt really be a concern, also because North Korea has various times clarified that it has no intentions of harming japan and its sushi....Oh, and if I were the delegate of Japan, I wouldnt count so much on South Korea since, according to the Global Security Organization: " HEADLINE: South Korean Officials Defend North's 'Right' to Civilian Nuclear Program - INTRO: Senior South Korean officials on Thursday defended what they say is North Korea's "natural right" to pursue civilian nuclear power. The move may cause friction with the United States, which has expressed firm opposition to the North having any nuclear facilities whatsoever. VOA's Kurt Achin reports from Seoul. - TEXT: In an apparent break with Washington, South Korean Unification Minister Chung Dong-Young is throwing his support behind North Korea's demand for access to nuclear energy. Pyongyang made the demand during the recent six-country talks in Beijing aimed at ending the North's nuclear weapons programs. On Thursday, Mr. Chung told a South Korean interviewer civilian nuclear plants should be allowed as the North's "natural right." إله يبارك أنت

PS>>> hey Kristian and Andrea, dont take it personally Razz I love you guys and i really wanna challenge yall, cause i know u can handle it. Find mistakes in my country and put me down !!! lets light the fire bom

Last edited by Afghanistan_Chiara on Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
China_Paula

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:31 am

As soon as North Korea announced its immediate withdrawal from the NPT, China adopted three positions in order to solve this issue peacefully: (1) peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula should be preserved; (2) the peninsula should remain nuclear-free; and (3) the dispute should be resolved through diplomatic and political methods. China strongly believes that a Nuclear North Korea, which undergoes ballistic missiles tests, is source of great instability in the region. Besides, the delegates must be aware that China hosts, unwillingly, more than 200,000 North Koreans refugees, due to the military measures taken in North Korea in relation to this nuclear conflict, which ends up directly affecting China's economic development. China would also like to recall that North Korea did not comply with the year-end deadline to provide a full report of its nuclear weapons under a disarmament-for-aid deal agreed by the US, South Korea, China and Russia, besides producing 50kg of plutonium, enough to produce 8 nuclear weapons. The countries who proposed the deal are willing to fulfill it as long as North Korea maintains its position too. North Korea needs the oil aid, remember that. It should be nuclear free at this point.
Back to top Go down
Japan_AndreaK

topic Empty
PostSubject: yes   topic Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:30 am

Yes, it may be true that we are asking things from South Korea, but we plan to include more support from other countries and start cooperating with them and reach a greater peace.
delegate of china, i hope you are saying that you will help Japan if North Korea has nuclear war power, because North Korea might still pose a theat to the Asian caucus and create an unnecessary mess.
it is also true that from October 14, 2008, The Cristian Science Monitor has a article that says North Korea is allowing inspectors, but only with U.S. aide. So, if we take this is mind, if we all work together we can acomplish ensuring that nuclear power is not a porblem in the Asian caucus. here is the important part of the article and the site:

Washington - North Korea has agreed to allow United Nations inspectors back into its main nuclear complex at Yongbyon, in response to the United States' decision to remove the North from its list of states sponsoring terrorism.

Inspectors prepared to resume monitoring disablement of the facility Monday after North Korea relayed word of its decision to the UN's International Atomic Energy Agency headquarters in Vienna.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/1014/p04s01-woap.html
Back to top Go down
japan_kristian

japan_kristian

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:44 am

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Korea/JK01Dg01.html

this is a site that explains South Korea is completley against North Koreas decision to make nuclear power but they dont have the power singled handed to do anything about it. That is where we come in, and South Korea, Russia, Japan, and China will have the power to stop this insane act by North Korea.
Back to top Go down
Asia_Chair_Caio
Admin

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 7:05 pm

Asia_Chair_Caio wrote:
chico_egypt wrote:

Less Nukes More Peace

Could the delegate please enlighten us to which are these weak countries who acquired nukes due to the Russian downfall?

Exactly, there were none. Don't spread lies in my caucus Chico...please
Delegates, all of you should have countered this information, as it is fake...
Back to top Go down
DPRK_LucasWagner

DPRK_LucasWagner

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 4:58 pm

Hey I´m Lucas. I´m representing North Korea with Joao and we´re discussing the issue of Japanese war crimes and Tibetan Sovereignty. Good luck everyone and have fun
Back to top Go down
japan_kristian

japan_kristian

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 5:05 pm

hello delegate of North Korea, if you read through this entire topic, i would like to know if there is anything you beileve is incorrect or mabey just arguable concepts
Back to top Go down
DPRK_LucasWagner

DPRK_LucasWagner

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 5:22 am

japan_kristian wrote:
OK LOOK delegate of afghanastan!
first of all, those mistles were not aimed towards us but around us,
and Japan suffered the explosion aswell. and um... WTF! who said anything about sanctions, we're not going to put sanctions on North Korea, and if we were, then we would have other countries support such as China and South Korea who are on our side.

Excuse me. China is not on ''your'' side. They're on our side. We're Communist buddies.

China did warn/ask North Korea to not launch the ballistic missiles and they (along with Russia) made a less severe statement than US, Japan, and France about the Security Council Resolution 1695.
China did not agree with the Security Council Resolution 1718 and declared that it would not perform such inspections.
Back to top Go down
DPRK_LucasWagner

DPRK_LucasWagner

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 5:27 am

Afghanistan_Chiara wrote:
Decorum fellow delegate of Japan !!! Diplomacy is always the best solution. By the way, if the missiles were not directed to the country of Japan, it shouldnt really be a concern, also because North Korea has various times clarified that it has no intentions of harming japan and its sushi....Oh, and if I were the delegate of Japan, I wouldnt count so much on South Korea since, according to the Global Security Organization: " HEADLINE: South Korean Officials Defend North's 'Right' to Civilian Nuclear Program - INTRO: Senior South Korean officials on Thursday defended what they say is North Korea's "natural right" to pursue civilian nuclear power. The move may cause friction with the United States, which has expressed firm opposition to the North having any nuclear facilities whatsoever. VOA's Kurt Achin reports from Seoul. - TEXT: In an apparent break with Washington, South Korean Unification Minister Chung Dong-Young is throwing his support behind North Korea's demand for access to nuclear energy. Pyongyang made the demand during the recent six-country talks in Beijing aimed at ending the North's nuclear weapons programs. On Thursday, Mr. Chung told a South Korean interviewer civilian nuclear plants should be allowed as the North's "natural right."

It seems like South Korea is on my side as well...
Back to top Go down
Japan_AndreaK

topic Empty
PostSubject: yes, but   topic Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:29 pm

Ah, but did you read what my colleague wrote after that comment, as a rebuttle?
Quote :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Korea/JK01Dg01.html

this is a site that explains South Korea is completley against North Koreas decision to make nuclear power but they dont have the power singled handed to do anything about it. That is where we come in, and South Korea, Russia, Japan, and China will have the power to stop this insane act by North Korea

Last edited by Japan_AndreaK on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DPRK_LucasWagner

DPRK_LucasWagner

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:00 pm

I did read what your 'colleague' (not college) posted and it seems as if south korea is against north korea nuclearization. but then why did the global security organization say otherwise?
Kristian, could you tell me how close was the ballistic missile to Japan? just curious.. and could you also tell me what is this insane act that north korea is doing? thanks.
Back to top Go down
japan_kristian

japan_kristian

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 5:46 am

http://www.wisconsinproject.org/countries/nkorea/bm98.html

so you want to know how far away from Japan the misiles landed, wel there were two, one of them 400 miles away and the other went just over japan and into the picific waters. and who cares if u and china are communist buddies, they still think that nuclear weapons will not help, or rather put a negative impact in this area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: topic   topic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

topic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next