Model United Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model United Nations

Pan American School of Bahia- Salvador

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Global Food Crisis

Go down 
+11
Cuba_LeoRocha
argentina_lucia
USA_raphael
Alice Americas C.Leader
Americas- Jessica Matos
Haiti_DjalmaMelo
Colombia_Cédric
Colombia_Lucas
Argentina_LeoM
bolivia_leticia
Haiti_Tulio
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Haiti_Tulio

Haiti_Tulio

The Global Food Crisis Empty
PostSubject: The Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 2:55 pm

Hey there...
I'm Tulio Jarocki from Recife, and I'm a Haitian delegate, with Djalma Melo.
Our topic is the Global Food Crisis...
Just introducing myself! Welcome to all delegates!
If you have doubts, don't be afraid to ask ...

Bye and Good Luck,
Tulio Jarocki
Back to top Go down
Haiti_Tulio

Haiti_Tulio

PostSubject: Explaining Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 3:02 pm

I'm sure that most of you know already that my resolution is going to be on Global Food Crisis not only in Latin America but worldwide. Some countries in the Americas caucus are affected by food crisis, so you might want to support our resolution.

Anyway, this topic was created so that people can ask me anything you want about global food crisi...Any questions, doubts....you can ask me!

Bye,
Tulio Jarocki
Back to top Go down
bolivia_leticia

bolivia_leticia

PostSubject: Re: The Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 4:00 pm

What is the delegate solution towards your reso?
Back to top Go down
Argentina_LeoM

Argentina_LeoM

PostSubject: Re: The Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 4:34 pm

Hello fellow Haitian delegates, and welcome to SALMUN!

I'd like to know, like the delegate of Bolivia already stated, what are your solutions for the global food crisis since several Latin American countries are affected by it?? Would you guys ask for money and support from the power nations like the US?? Or would you guys ask help from NGOs??
Back to top Go down
Colombia_Lucas

Colombia_Lucas

PostSubject: Re: The Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 4:47 pm

Welcome, Haiti!
First of all, good luck to you in the discussions.

Now, regarding this topic, what do you intend to DO to solve the issue? And specifically, what countries do you plan to involve in your solution?
NGOs? NPOs?
Back to top Go down
Colombia_Cédric

Colombia_Cédric

PostSubject: Re: The Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:44 am

Welcome to salmun
i am the delegate of Colombia
What are you willing to do against the food crisis?
Back to top Go down
Haiti_Tulio

Haiti_Tulio

PostSubject: Global Food Crisis Doubts   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 8:21 am

Hello Fellow American Delegates,

We the delegation of Haiti belive that financial aid and support during and after disasters can contribute to quick aid in underdeveloped countries; however, Haiti recognizes that without proper plans to affectively control the potential increase of hunger and poverty around the globe,this financial aid will remain limited and not solve basic problems. Wtih the help of NGO´s and UN food programs and with the correct use and distribution of land in developing nations, we belive the Millenium Development goal of halving the number of people suffering from mal-nutrition will be met by 2015

Be free to ask questions.
Bye,
Tulio Jarocki e Djalma Melo

Last edited by Haiti_Tulio on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Haiti_Tulio

Haiti_Tulio

PostSubject: More Answers....   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 8:33 am

Dear Colombian and Argentinian delegates,

We delegates of Haiti belive that the nations that contribute should be nations that have enough resources to donate part of it to underdeveloped countries. We also reaffirm that Haiti will accept help from both NGO's and NPO's and we belive that help from both of them will be needed to end this food crisis.

Bye,
Tulio Jarocki & Djalma Melo
Back to top Go down
Argentina_LeoM

Argentina_LeoM

PostSubject: Re: The Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:36 pm

So you guys are saying that you are going to ask financial support and also other types of support from certain power nations as the US, UK, France etc.???
Back to top Go down
Haiti_DjalmaMelo

Haiti_DjalmaMelo

PostSubject: More Answers....   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 5:46 am

Dear Argentinian delegates,

Yes, all the Nations (USA, UK, France, Brazil etc..) that have enough food resources to donate part of them as an aid to other in-need countries will be able to donate. We belive that every help, food money and medicine , will be needed to stop this food crisis.

Thanks and bye,
Tulio Jarocki Djalma Melo

Last edited by Haiti_DjalmaMelo on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Americas- Jessica Matos

PostSubject: Re: The Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 7:32 pm

Welcomee Haiti! =))
We are glad to have you guys also participating in this forum! =)
I am Jessica Matos and I am one of your caucus leader. any question, prob, feel free to ask ok? =))
Back to top Go down
Alice Americas C.Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 5:41 am

Welcome delegates of Haiti!
Im your other caucus leader Alice Prado!
I enjoying reading your posts and i feel your resolution is going to be very strong!
if you have any questions please ask!
if you want add send me an email with your resolution or speech so that I can help you
lica_cardoso@hotmail.com

good luck!
Back to top Go down
USA_raphael

PostSubject: land distribution   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 9:02 am

Welcome delgates of Haiti.
I would like to say that I will support your resolution, however the idea of land distribution sounds a bit communist and the US will not be able to support that idea.
Raphael
Back to top Go down
Haiti_Tulio

Haiti_Tulio

PostSubject: More Replies....   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 6:45 pm

Dear USA delegate

I would like to greatly thank you for the support on our resolution and I belive we can achieve a good alliance here. About the distribution of land: Haiti does not actually wants to freely DISTRIBUTE the land, instead we are proposing that sustainable agrarian reforms are made to increase the ACCESS TO LAND and to other productive resources in rural areas. And by doing this we would be able to offer better food distribution around our nation and create job opportunites.

Feel free to ask!
Thanks,
Tulio Jarocki
Back to top Go down
argentina_lucia

PostSubject: Re: The Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 8:03 am

Welcome, delegates of Haiti!
The delegate of Argentina thinks that your topic is of huge importance since the whole population can be affected by it. Argentina will fully support your resolution.
Back to top Go down
Cuba_LeoRocha

Cuba_LeoRocha

PostSubject: Re: The Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:02 am

Hi,

I just wanted to ask the delegate of Haiti whats its position is on countries that have alternative fuels (like ethanol from sugar). It is another use for foods that could get in the way of your resolution.

Thanks!

Patria y Libertad.
Leo Rocha
Back to top Go down
USA_Pedro

USA_Pedro

PostSubject: Re: The Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:41 am

Hello delegates of Haiti,
Im Pedro Teixeira, delegate of the USA.
I am looking forward to make an alliance to solve the problem of hunger worldwide, but with focus to American nations, such as Haiti.
If the proposals of land distribution actually demonstrate that it is an agrarian reform to increase the access to land, than the United States, through institutions such as the USA, and with partnership of other international organizations, is certainly willing to help.
Thank you for the background on your topic
delegate of United States
Back to top Go down
Haiti_Tulio

Haiti_Tulio

PostSubject: Biofuels affecting Food Crisis ....   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 5:00 pm

Dear Cuban delegate,

"I am sorry to see that many of those who blame ethanol - including ethanol from sugarcane - for the high price of food are the same ones who for decades have maintained protectionist policies to the detriment of farmers in poor countries and of consumers in the entire world. We recognise that biofuels have an impact, but the real issue is about energy, increased consumption and weather-related issues in grain-producing countries.Biofuels are not the villain menacing food security in poor countries"

This is part of the US Agriculture Secretary, Ed Schafer, interview that perfectly answers your question. This is also the Haitian point-of-view over such discussion

Please continue to ask ....
Thanks,
Tulio Jarocki
Back to top Go down
Venezuela_Andrea

Venezuela_Andrea

PostSubject: Re: The Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:13 pm

Delegates of Haiti,
Venezuela would like to extend its full support towards your resolution..
“There is a food crisis in the world, but Venezuela is not going to fall into that crisis. You can be sure of that. Actually, we are going to help other nations who are facing this crisis.” Says Chavez.

thankyou,
delegate of Venezuela
Back to top Go down
Haiti_Tulio

Haiti_Tulio

PostSubject: Thanks !!   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:14 pm

Dear Venezuelan delgate,

Thanks for your support. We haitians, as you have said also belive that the food crisis is a serious prolems, and countries that have managed to "escape" from these crisis should help others.

Feel free to ask any Questions.....
Thanks,
Tulio Jarocki
Back to top Go down
Cuba_LeoRocha

Cuba_LeoRocha

PostSubject: Re: The Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:02 pm

I am glad you feel this way, delegate of Haiti, since Cuba is a leader in alternative fuel uses. It has been investing in ethanol production along with sunlight use and wind energy.

I am glad we agree Very Happy

Thanks,

Patria y Libertad
-Leo Rocha

p.s. MUN is on WEDNESDAAAY!!

cyclops
Back to top Go down
USA_Pedro

USA_Pedro

PostSubject: Re: The Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 5:24 pm

delegates
I believe it is important to see the World Food Programme proposals to end the Global Food Crisis worldwide, and than incorporate certain proposals, in a smaller magnitude, to solve the specific issue in Latin America.
Delegates could visit the WFP sites to be familiar with such initials, that even creates a vinculum between food programmes and combating the HIV, it is really interesting
check out
Thank You
delegate of the USA
Back to top Go down
USA_Pedro

USA_Pedro

PostSubject: Re: The Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 6:43 pm

The delegate of Haiti states that
"without proper plans to affectively control the potential increase of hunger and poverty around the globe,this financial aid will remain limited and not solve basic problems"
so what exactly are the plans proposed by the delegation in order to assure that this fund will be used effectively to control the increase of hunger around the globe and in Latin America?
What are some organizations proposed by the delegation to help solve this issue?
thank you
delegate of United States
Back to top Go down
Colombia_Cédric

Colombia_Cédric

PostSubject: Re: The Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 4:31 am

I think it may be stupid but there something that I am not understanding..
How will the funds from countries that have resources will help with money? What will the money be used for? Food? Agrarian distribution?
How Agrarian distribution will help?
Back to top Go down
Haiti_DjalmaMelo

Haiti_DjalmaMelo

PostSubject: Re: The Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:44 am

Dear Colombian delegate,

What we mean with resources is the surplus of food and objects like plankets and clothing.

free to ask!

Djalma Melo

L' union fait la Force
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Global Food Crisis   The Global Food Crisis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Global Food Crisis
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next